VOTD2

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

i'm back

Hope you’ve been experiencing the reality of Christ in your life. (refer to my previous post 1 month ago)

Don’t know why God didn’t inspire me to blog anything for 1 month although I had some things to share. Maybe its for us to practice what I blogged. (to know where is God in the everyday things of life)

Anyway I’m back.

Yesterday was valentine’s day and I actually wanted to share about Christ’s supreme love but at the prayer meeting and Bible reading yesterday night we were talking about liberty (freedom). Well, freedom to do what?

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Christ has made us free from the observance of special days, from worldly ceremonies, from all things that are temporal and vain and also free from sin.

Hey so I won’t be talking about love. (not directly anyway) I was also reminded that we should remember Christ’s supreme love everyday and not just on special days. (certainly not only 1 day in a year ie. Valentine’s day)

I’ll just share this poem that’s really powerful.

My Hiding Place

Hail sovereign love that first began,
The scheme to rescue fallen man;
Hail matchless, free, eternal grace,
That gave my soul a Hiding-Place.
 
Against the God that rules the sky,
I fought with hands uplifted high;
Despis'd the mentions of His grace,
Too proud to seek a Hiding-Place.
 
Enwrapt in thick Egyptian night,
And fond of darkness more than light,
Madly I ran the sinful race,
Secure without a Hiding-Place.
 
But thus the eternal counsel ran,
Almighty Love arrest that man;
I felt the arrows of distress,
And saw that I'd no Hiding-Place.
 
Indignant Justice stood in view,
To Sinai's fiery mount I flew;
But Justice cry'd with frowning face,
This mountain is no Hiding-Place.
 
Ere long a Heav'nly voice I heard,
And Mercy's angel form appear'd,
She led me on with placid pace,
To Jesus as my Hiding-Place.
 
Should storms of sevenfold thunder roll,
And shake the globe from pole to pole,
No flaming bolt should daunt my face,
For Jesus is my Hiding-Place.
 
On Him almighty vengeance fell,
That must have sunk the world to hell:
He bore it for the chosen race,
And thus became their Hiding-Place.
 
A few more rolling suns at most,
Shall land us on fair Canaan's coast,
Where we shall sing the song of grace,
And see our glorious Hiding-Place.

Taken from http://www.americanpoems.com/poets/Major-Henry-Livingston-Jr/19697

I too once "

Against the God that rules the sky,
I fought with hands uplifted high"
but realised that "
On Him almighty vengeance fell,
That must have sunk the world to hell"
and now in accepting Him I now am free.

No comments: