VOTD2

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Jesus loves me this I know...

Yesterday I received some news from believers about an Indian orphan girl whose living expenses had been sponsored by some Christians for around 6 years and recently she ran away with another boy elsewhere. Unfortunately the girl insisted on leaving even after the believers found her and was not thankful for what she had been receiving for the past 6 years.

However for our own perspective, the more we know about God and His Son Jesus Christ through His Word, the more we should realize His greatness and goodness and generosity. And the more we realize this, the more we should realize our weakness and how much He loved us despite our weakness and Ungratefulness towards Him.

Here's a relevant article from Choice Gleanings...

Choice Gleanings

Thursday, FEBRUARY 23

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not,

because it knew Him not.

1 John 3:1

A writer who authored eight volumes of systematic theology--and other books beside, when asked what was the most profound theological idea he’d ever thought or heard answered, “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.” We may call it the crown of theology for it is the solid foundation on which “we live and move, and have our being” (Acts 17:28).

The Lord Jesus personifies many attributes but the dearest to each believer

is His love.

--E. Dyck

Oh, love that will not let me go, I rest my weary soul on Thee; I give Thee back the life I owe, that in Thine ocean depths its flow

May richer, fuller be.

--George Matheson

No comments: