VOTD2

Friday, August 04, 2006

He works in ways we cannot see

The following is a report from Mr. Ben Sutton, Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, Canada. Mr. Sutton was commended from Maxwell Hall, England in 1955 and from Fortier Gospel Chapel and Arlington St. Gospel Chapel in Manitoba in 1984.
He has served the Lord faithfully in Bible teaching and gospel preaching.


I first began to feel ill in England during meetings in November 2005. By December, I had to cancel all arrangements and have medical attention while still in England. Diagnosed with acute iron deficiency, I returned to Canada in January and was examined by my own doctor. He commenced treating me for acute anemia. I decided to honor a commitment in Florida but, while there, grew weaker. We returned home and in mid February I collapsed and was taken to hospital by ambulance. After some very exhausting tests, the doctors discovered that I had cancer in my stomach area.

On April 6th the surgeon, Dr. Ross, removed two thirds of my stomach. Two weeks of recovery in hospital followed. Then in early May we were informed by my surgeon and by our family doctor that there were two more cancerous growths which could not be removed by surgery. One was in the lymph-node area and the other in the duodenum tract. Also, he told us that these were "incurable."

I was then committed to the care of a specialist named Dr. Harris in Grace Hospital, Winnipeg who confirmed the pathological findings. By this time I had lost over fifty pounds in weight and had difficulty in even walking. I was informed by Dr. Harris that my treatment would include both radiation and chemotherapy.

However, in the opinion of all the doctors, I was still too weak for these treatments to start. In mid July I had further extensive tests, CAT scans, blood work etc. On July 31st my daughter Mary and I met again with Dr.
Harris in Winnipeg where she informed us, confessing amazement, that all the tests had come back "clear." My daughter then asked if the doctor would please explain what "clear" meant. The answer was "There is now no trace of the cancer, plus Mr. Sutton's blood has retuned to normal as has his blood pressure and all the other tests read normal!" Furthermore, she had cancelled arrangements for radiation and chemotherapy as these were no longer necessary!

As is customary, I am to have further screening done and given routine advice on diet and exercise. Our God specializes in things thought impossible! Rejoice with us for answered prayer!

Yours through amazing grace,
Ben and Sara Sutton

No comments: