VOTD2

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

great adventures

Hi, I came back from Korea last Friday midnight. Took the 11 Aug 1am flight to Seoul and had a really busy time there.

Spent some time to tour first before attending the mission conference…
Learnt a lot during the conference, more about the outreach work and how much is being done by other Christians that we are ignorant of.


If you look at the world now especially the Middle East, the Lord's return is very near but if you look at the internal situation of the church and the amount of outreach work still needed to be done, I think that the Lord won't come for a long time yet.
Whichever is right I don't know but He will come at the exact moment when we think not, just as His word says.
Anyway the important thing is we need to prepare for His coming anytime.
So wake up your ideas and stop being too comfortable in our churches.

Ok now I’ll talk a bit about the conference.

Well the program was quite packed and everyday was very busy but 17 August Thursday was the worst. 6:30-7:30am there was prayer meeting, after that spoke to brother Lee to get updates, then went for breakfast and 9am there was message by Jim McCarthy till 10:45am, had a short break and went for a seminar from 11 to 12:40am, met new Chinese speaking believers there and went for lunch with them till 2pm.

Then went to meet the Christians from Philippines to get updates again, it was quite rushed then went for another seminar at 3pm. That went on till 4:35pm. Supposed to meet another brother to get updates but couldn’t find him so was walking around just trying to locate him.

Had to postpone till dinner time, so went to queue up for dinner early (first time I was early) and met people from Taiwan. Then spent almost 2 hours talking through an interpreter to the brother I was looking for. Ok 7:30pm the next program starts again with some singing and then message by John Short and followed by country reports.

Ok so finally at about 12 midnight everything ends. Then had to say goodbye to the people I met and went back to the dorm at about 12:40am. Went to sleep, and if you noticed I didn’t have time to bathe.

Met a lot of people once again on this trip and its always good to meet other believers and have fellowship with them but its more important to remember those who are unsaved. Well I'm talking about my tour guides. Think about that.

There’s a Chinese proverb that says that there is no permanent meeting/banquet under heaven. Well, eventually all Christians will meet forever in heaven but those who are lost we’ll really never see them again once we part on earth. Yes its sad but we can only do our best to tell them about Christ who died for them in order to save them from the lake of fire and that believing we have life in and through Him.

Then again the greatest tragedy is those who thought they were saved but who never really believed in Jesus Christ.
So there are only the memories of the people we met, some only once in a lifetime…

Ok, done a few mission updates since I came back and also catch up with Bethesda people. As usual weekends are very busy and also sending email to the people I met. Still got many things to do.

For Christ.

No comments: