VOTD2

Monday, August 11, 2008

The great attraction of heaven!

(Plumer, "Sinners Saved by Unmerited Kindness")

"Your heart must not be troubled. In My Father's
house are many dwelling places. I am going away
to prepare a place for you. I will come back and
receive you to Myself, so that where I am--you
may be also!" John 14

"I desire to depart and be with Christ, which
is better by far!" Philippians 1:23

The great attraction of heaven is the Lord Jesus
Christ! He Himself is the object chiefly enjoyed. To
be with Jesus, and like Jesus, and to behold His glory
--constitute the heaven which true believers desire!
They long to behold that blessed face which was
buffeted for them! Their eternal anthem is, "All
praise to Him who loves us and has freed us from
our sins by shedding His blood for us! Give to Him
everlasting glory! He rules forever and ever! Amen!"
Revelation 1:5-6

my thoughts
ohh, to behold His glory in its full majesty and splendor!!!
this is heaven indeed, to behold this eternal glory of Christ

John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given ME, be with ME where I am; that they may behold MY glory, which thou hast given ME: for thou lovedst ME before the foundation of the world.

No comments: