VOTD2

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Follow Christ, obedience

He had no rights

No right to a soft bed and a well-laid table

No right to a home of His own, a place where His own pleasure might be sought

No right to choose pleasant, congenial companions; those who could understand Him and sympathize with Him

No right to shrink away from filth and sin, to pull His garments close around Him and turn aside to walk in cleaner paths

No right to be understood and appreciated, no, not by those upon whom He had poured out a double portion of His love

No right even, never to be forsaken by His Father,

The One who meant more than all to Him

His only right was silently to endure shame, spitting, blowing

To take His place as a sinner at the dock

To bear my sin in anguish on the cross

He had no right

And I?

A right to the comforts of life?

No, but a right to the love of God for my pillow

A right to physical safety?

No, but the right to the security of being in His will

A right to love and sympathy from those around me?

No, but the right to the friendship of the One who understands me better than I do myself

A right to be a leader among men?

No, but a right to be led by the One to whom I have given my all;

led as a little child with his hand in the hand of his father

A right to a home and dear ones? No, not necessarily

But a right to dwell in the heart of God

A right to myself?

No, but oh I have a right to Christ

All that He takes I will give

All that He gives I will take

He, my only right

He, the One right put before all other rights fade into nothingness

I have full right to Him

Oh may He have full right to me

-Mabel Williams


The Lord Jesus never promised us comfortable lives, happy families, good food and fun with friends;
He never promised us an easy life, time to enjoy ourselves and things going right all the time.
He did promise us division in our families Luke 12:51, that we have to leave our families, put Him first in our lives, suffer much for His sake, and be persecuted by the world.

But He did promise us He'll be with us through it all.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Faith and obedience to His Word. Do you have what it takes?
What's going to change in your life?

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Maranatha

No comments: