VOTD2

Monday, May 26, 2014

saved by grace through faith??

I'm save by grace through faith
and that simply means

a) I can't do anything (good works, great works or gigantic works) to save myself (religion doesn't work)

b) I can't do anything to make myself a better person (self-reformation doesn't work)

and I am also perfected and sealed by grace. I can't do anything to guarantee.

apart from Christ, we can do nothing

John 15
5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Galatians 3
2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Philippians 2
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

and so when I share or preach the gospel to someone else
which may sometimes seem like I'm forcing it down their throats or something...

take note of this
a) I'm not trying to earn more positive marks for myself to gain favor (grace) with God by winning more people to Him OR

b) trying to lessen my guilt by preaching to as many people as possible

c) I'm just convicted and convinced of the urgent and important nature of the message of the gospel, which concerns everyone's eternal destiny beyond the grave and also for the meaning of our lives, no matter how short, long or unimportant it may seem to you and the people around you (family, friends society, country, government, world etc)

d) hence, due to point (c) I'm also convicted and convinced of the reality of heaven and hell and of everything that Jesus mentions in the New Testament about these 2 places and His Father

e) so its really about you, and me, wanting to share the love of God but (gospel means good news) there's no good news until you realize the bad news, which is really bad when you realize it.

I just hope you realize this very soon, ASAP!

thanks friends, please think about this seriously, its about your own life and purpose now - and for your unseen future

brothers and sisters in Christ - are you convinced of the truth which Jesus preaches and thus also actively telling others about this? 

No comments: