Dear friends,
Time really flies and its been 1 year already!
Its been (more than) 1 year since in 5 March 2010, brother Chong Keat, who was blind, was called home
and brother Wesley Phay, who was only 18, on 22 March 2010. I specially remember them today. And based on the testimonies of the family, friends and people who knew them better (than me), I can smile because they are with the Lord Jesus Christ.
I can also smile because I really learn more about life from funerals than from living life itself.
A few months later, a special memorial service was held for brother Chong Keat as well.
At the service, his brothers and friends shared a bit of their experiences with him and they also screened a video of his life and family and friends.
He was blind but I could tell that his mother did not love him less than his other brothers, in fact, I dare to say that perhaps she loved him more than his other siblings. Even though she may not know Jesus as Lord and Savior yet, but in her I could see God's love.
(And brother Chong Keat was blind, but he was never handicapped. the people who knew him personally know what I'm saying)
God doesn't love you just because you are handsome, pretty, dress well, carry yourself with confidence, cute, adorable, sing or act well, play the piano beautifully, smart, witty, intelligent, humorous, ugly, fat, sick, dying, disfigured...
He loves the nobody as much as the somebody, as well as everybody. He loves people for who they are, all part of His creation and plan. If you are nobody, He doesn't wait till you are somebody before He focuses His attention on you. SO, it is only how much we realize and how often we remember His love that matters.
Just as He is unchangeable, His love does not change with the seasons or weather
Just as He is just and true, His love is also just and true, so He will discipline those He loves and prunes them so that they will become more like Him, worship Him
Just as He is gracious and merciful, His love makes Him gives us chance after chance to repent when we've done wrong or chosen the wrong path or just wasted time away
to have God's love is better than being with your dream bf/gf, husband/wife ever after or any romantic Valentine's day program.
God is love Himself. And He has given us His Son to prove it. Will you accept Him as Lord and Savior?
Also like to share this song now
No mountain, no valley, no gain or loss we know
could keep us from Your love
No sickness, no secret, no chain is strong enough
to keep us from Your love
to keep us from Your love
How high, how wide
No matter where I am, healing is in Your hands
How deep, How strong,
Now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands
Our present, our future, our past is in Your hands
We're covered by Your blood
We're covered by Your blood
How high, How wide
no matter where I am, healing is in Your hands
How deep, How strong
now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands
In all things, we know that.
We are more than conquerors.
You keep us by your love.
You keep us by your love.
How high, How wide
no matter where I am, healing is in Your hands
How deep, How deep is your love
How strong, How strong is your love
And now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands
Christy Nockels - ( Healing Is In Your Hands)
Some other significant 2010 dates in my life
24 and 25 March 2010 server crashed - memorable because I stayed overnight in the office and worked for 2 days straight without going home
9 May child sponsorship in Yunnan - started helping a poor family in Yunnan through sponsorship
8 Aug Yanji-Korea trip - the Lord is working to help North Korea
5 Dec - 1st marathon 42.195km - raised funds for the Singapore Cancer Society and only ran 3 hours but walked 5 hours to complete the distance due to lack of training leading to lateral right knee pain
This is besides all the events in Haiti, Chile, North and South Korea threatening war against each other...
Which leads me to
Give SG - Help Japan
http://give.sg/TeamGIVE/TeamGIVE/HelpJapan
Yes, I'm running 10km this Sunday 8am at NUS to raise funds for World Vision Singapore. Almost 10k has been raised already (the target is $10k) but I would still appreciate your support in remembering the suffering and the sorrowing,
don't forget them after 1 year.
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
http://www.worldvision.org.sg/
One final lesson to share, in 2010, I kept losing things during July/August, and here's the list
4 Jul Nalgene water bottle, and I almost lost my replacement bottle also
10 Jul new and long blue umbrella
18 Aug traditional Korean fan from Jeonju
22 Aug Blackberry pouch
In losing things, you learn to live with less wants. Hopefully the finder will use them well.
Finally, glad to have known you, hope to see you again,
Reunions are only possible through Jesus Christ
Kenneth
--
GOD is I AM
Infinite Awesome Majesty
A short and profound verse
Psalm 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
"May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it!" Ephesians 3:19
2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
My favorite quote ever - taken from the Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe
“Is he – quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion.”
“That you will dearie, and no mistake.” said Mrs Beaver.
“If there’s anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they’re either braver than most or just plain silly.”
“Then he isn’t safe?” said Lucy.
“Safe?” said Mr Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the king, I tell you.”
1 comment:
The Good King indeed! Your sharing about Chong Keat was an encouragement.
Post a Comment