VOTD2

Friday, July 11, 2008

After 27 years of living in this world, here's what I have to say - Christ is my only consolation

Anyone and everyone in this world can let me down (myself included – the person who lets me down the most is myself), but Jesus never fails me.


What is my life about? What was the purpose of me existing on this earth? That's what I asked myself at age 13-14. I just did very well in primary school and was attending Victoria School (one of the top schools in Singapore), but I found my life empty. Everything was boring, from waking up to eating to brushing my teeth. Because very soon after I got clean, I became dirtyand very soon after I was full I became hungry again. Everyday was just 1 boring cycle.

And the next day, everything just repeats again.


My childhood was fun but forgettable while my youth was wasted but yet significant and retrospective.

As a child I had lots of fun playing and read many books. I gained much knowledge from books. But I was still bored (and ready to die) at 13.
So to put out the boredom, I used to listen to chinese songs (FM 93.3) overnight and conquered China many times over in computer games (yes, I knew very well what the Battle of Red Cliff was back then). But my only conclusion is that my youth was wasted.
My young adult life was one of overcoming great struggles/problems and adventures with God.
As you grow up, there's less fun and more problems and heartache.

Study, grow up, achieve your ambitions, meet and know great friends, meet and know the person whom you love and who also loves you a lot, get married and live happily ever after. Then after that what? And what if we don't live that long? If I didn't have most of these, does it mean my life was for nothing?


The enjoyment still does not last

Many couples say that they want to be together forever, but we all know that this 'forever' is only till death do us part. Well, I'm not easily satisfied, if its forever, it should be really forever, not just till death.

Because the greater the love/happiness experienced before in life, the greater the sadness when separated at death.

I want something that can be enjoyed forever, something beyond death, that has no end.
You can enjoy God forever.

Everyone dies one day, its only a matter of who's first, treasure the people you know while they're still alive.

If everybody dies 1 day, why are we still sad when our family or friends die?

If you knew this was the last day of your life what would you do? To ensure that you know what's happening after you die. It certainly is not right to leave it to assumptions.

At my funeral, hymns and songs of praise should be sung and everyone should celebrate! There's nothing to be sad about at my funeral. Furthermore, these words should be on my tombstone Hahaha, I'm finally home!  With Christ in your life, never live another boring day nor find that what you are doing is too ordinary, mundane or insignificant. That's what I found out when I truly got to know God. That's why I said at the beginning that Christ is my only consolation, so, even though life is difficult, its still better to be alive than to be dead. He is right beside everyone of us! Demons are not everywhere, only God is. 

So why am I still smiling most of the time?

If today's my last day on earth, let's part with a smile but in that future day when we meet again, will it be eternal reunion or separation?

I'm waiting for a great reunion with everyone. Will you be there with me?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I will be there.
Thanks for sharing your testimony.

Ken K said...

hi, are you someone I know or are you passing by?

Anonymous said...

someone you know =)
Don't need to know who lah.
Your entries are interesting.. Keep them coming as the LORD leads.

Ken K said...

ok, you're anon (online) as well as non-anon (personally)

note: most of my entries are articles from www.gracegems.org

when we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory

Ken K said...

hi anon (though i rather not call you anon), thanks for visiting

everybody, please go to this site and read about 'no regrets'
http://home.snu.edu/%7EHCULBERT/regret.htm

Anonymous said...

Hi i am the same anon.. intially when i read the the article.. my reactions were "he didn't even get what he wants to do at China"...

But then again, He has finshed what God wants him to do.. thus he can write the words "No regrets"..

Indeed how many of us can say that..??

inspiring story !

Ken K said...

yup, “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT

there are many ways to die,
but only 1 way to live,
live with no regrets

Anonymous said...

amen to that.=)